Sunday, December 27, 2009

completion.

God is good.

We cannot question His perfect timing or ways. He is good.

Lately I've had several 'testimony swaps' with some great new/old friends of mine. And in the case that one does not follow me on twitter or have befriended me on facebook, God is teaching me so much about community. It is so important to build good relationships with people that are actively pursuing God and to talk about it! God built us for relationships to not only encourage, but to learn from one another. If I can manage to be taught through the hardship of another rather then having to endure it myself, why not take advantage of the story that God has given someone else?
In my case testimony swaps are rather spontaneous things. And they have a way of making us all think about our lives and consider what God is teaching us so much more than we do when we are thinking about things on our own. With being as verbal as I am, I often say things when telling my story that I did not even realize about myself or about God's character. He is so good about revealing himself in His own mysterious timing and way.

Lately I've felt a serious separation. an absolutely painful one. like the reconstruction pains. The closer that God draws me near to Him the farther my sin feels away from who I am. My King is molding me into a being so like Him that I can literally feel the separation that sin causes from His wholeness. That separation is painful. It tears from the inside. I am the problem. Its a strange thing, to be disgusted with yourself and with sin. But its such a right thing, if we allow God to be in control of redeeming our lives into something so much better than what we think we could make for ourselves.

He is good. And I'm so thankful for everything he is doing in my life.

1 comment:

pam b from sc said...

I enjoyed reading that. Few people actually do things the easy way and listen to someone who's "been there, done that" and recommends no one else try it because it's a major FAIL. Many have to fall into the same pit only to realize the pain for themselves. I've heard it said that so many things can be learned in the classroom (others' testimonies) rather than going on the field trip (learning the hard way.)

In the words of a Switchfoot song, "I am my own affliction, I am my own disease." There is only one cure and that is the indwelling Holy Spirit of God.

I'm encouraged that you get that at such a young age. My heart is hopeful as I see you and your friends (including that young man named Randy) seeking God and reaching out to others with the love you've received from Him.

That's ministy! That's the Kingdom of Heaven. That's the real deal.

Praying for you and the people of China. "For God so loved the world..."

Praise the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!

 
Designed by Lena