Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Handle with Care

A word about my past: I used to be so careful. Not speaking. Not sharing. Not bold. Such could not be attributed to my character at all. I handled every situation with care and consideration.

A reminder to myself: My personality has changed. Experience forced extroverted-ness. I respond quickly. Sometimes too quickly now. Some situations require much more care than I give them.

A warning for others: I am broken. Well, now repaired, but very easy to be found in a dysfunctional state again. So to others, I warn, please do indeed handle my love and your's with gentleness.

A way I have been carried: I have been picked up by the only one that could. He has handled me with the most care one could ever know. I don't deserve this, for I have bitten the hand that feeds far too often.


Given the expectation to describe myself and my life in three words, these are the ones I chose.

8 comments:

unclefarkus said...

you ought to blog more ;)

discipleshipmeansjoy said...

I <3 you.

Anonymous said...

I would have preferred to have known you before the personality change, before you became so cavalier about leading people on.

Anonymous said...

Well spoken. I think I may have to agree with wanting to know you before the personality change as well. Using people as well as leading them on is definitely not a quality worth wanting, or having for that matter.

Stephanie said...

harsh. i certainly am not proud of this character flaw. and certainly don't do such intentionally. the person you want to know is not better. i'm sorry if the person you do find yourself knowing leaves you disappointed.

Tim said...

We all have flaws. If anybody doesn't have them, then they should cast the first stone.
Steph, it's great that you recognize areas of your life you need to work on. Some people don't even make it that far.
You're a good writer, don't be discouraged. Exercise the talent God gave you.

P.S. You rad, yo.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, nobody who knows you even slightly can deny what a wonderful friend you are, nor can they deny your love for the Lord and for showing others what His love can do to change a life. As Tim said, we all have flaws and anyone who is so quick to point out perceived flaws in others is simply too afraid to evaluate their own selves and work on their own flaws. Be confident in who you are and who God is cultivating you to be. Your writing is always thought-provoking and challenging, so keep it up. I love you! :)

nikkicatclark said...

i love you for who you are, were, and will be, beautiful one. that will never change, despite anything you could possibly do. So even if you bite at these hands my dear, I'll still reach for you when you hurt.

 
Designed by Lena