Friday, July 15, 2011

warm fuzzies

letters from home come in the form of email nowadays. letters from mainland come in the same. and i realize that they're my favorite.

i love emails. they're much more personal that a silly facebook message. so stay classy.


as far as the rest of hong kong goes. . . its such a mixed bag. which makes it real. moments are
fabulous and fulfilling.
others are dismal and depressing.
then back to delightful
and yet there's a
constant pressure and persistence
of the school officials
to move our program from and English camp to some kind of insane tutoring program. . . also not what we're about. That said, its been challenging. School days always leave room for the unexpected and with the constant adjustments my team and I are having to make, we would certainly welcome any available prayers!


Aside from such, things are going well. I get to see some of my students from last year tomorrow and that's certainly exciting!
Asia is as lovely as ever. I'm not sure what all the King has for me following this adventure, but I'm enjoying it now. and making the most of new and old relationships. pray for a balance. not of the relationships, but of my own time and the relationships. i'm learning just how much time I really do need for myself for processing, for growing, for my own heart and for the sake of others. I'm just no fun to be around if I haven't had time for Steph in a few days.


“Therefore, my beloved brothers,
be steadfast, immovable,
always abounding in the work of the Lord,
knowing that in the Lord
your labor is not in vain.”
-I Cor. 15:58

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena