Friday, July 09, 2010

harbor interactions

i'm falling for this city. its beautiful. we've finally gotten back from the island of Cheung Chau and have moved into the heart of Hong Kong. Of course, there are so many people, but it has been a blast! My team continues to be knit tighter together and the love that we are able to pour out is absolutely beautiful!
Yesterday we were able to meet the officials of the school our team will be working with. They were such sweet people. I'm so excited about finally getting into the classroom and learning on a very intimate level (that's in contrast to riding the MTR with thousands of people, of course!). Derek and I will be talking about them on the Engage blog on a post coming up, so keep your eye out! http://engagehk.posterous.com/Yesterday my team journeyed to the Harbor where they have a light show displaying from the colorfully lit buildings. It was a blast for sure, but my favorite part was meeting Ronald. He's a Hong Kong native and has such a big heart. He was completely pleased to hear that we were all here to teach English and to spread love. He was so encouraging to my heart. To know that the people here want to continue to grow in community and spirit is so reassuring. When I mentioned that being here was the first time I had ever even been in an airplane, he was not only surprised but exclaimed 'oh, keep coming!' Being surrounded by darkness the small lights of hope provide such a beautiful encouragement to the body.

1 comment:

pam b from sc said...

Keep it going, girl! Surely God is with you. Please don't forget to take time to be alone with the Lord. If He had to do while ministering to so many people, we are no less to need it too!

Sorry, that's the mama in me coming out....because I LOVE YOU!!!

 
Designed by Lena