Saturday, September 10, 2005

S.A.L.T. Retreat

Well, the S.A.L.T. Retreat was pretty fun. It always is. It was mostly just hanging out at the McBrides' cabin and David's house, but it was pretty cool. Our quiet time this morning was wonderful. It was out near the little lake thing and it was just breezy enough to keep us cool. It was such a beautiful blessing from Him. Oh yeah, this was really cool; Mr. T made our S.A.L.T. notebook covers just white so all of the A.D.D. kids could color in our names and the salt shakers. We're not actually A.D.D. (not that I have an issue with people with A.D.D.), but it just gave us something to do while we were talking about stuff.
We played that team building game where you stand in a circle and grab the hands of people who aren't beside you and make a huge knot. Then we had to try to get out of it. Oh my, I've seen more of Collin's butt then I have ever wanted to see in my lifetime. But it was really fun, even though we didn't get out of the knot after an hour of working at it.
Chilling at David's house this afternoon was really fun. We played Mafia about a hundred times and I almost won BS. Mafia is pretty fun, Richard is pretty much obessed with it. Speaking of Richard, unlike me last year there are a whole lot of new people on S.A.L.T. this year. Aly, Hallie (that gets pretty confusing), Collin, Richard, Kayla, and Lynsee are all new. But Aly, Hallie, Collin, and Richard were the only new people that went on the retreat.
So anyway, the past two days were over all really fun, and I pray that everything that this group does this year will glorify God's astounding name.
Oh yeah, my girls on the signing thing are performing tomorrow morning! We're going to be signing How Great is Our God. I really need to go practice, so I'm out for now.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I don't even remember my 13th birthday party...

 
Designed by Lena