Sunday, September 25, 2005

this weekend

This weekend was a lot of fun. Friday night, we had the away game in...um, oh yeah, Lamar. And that was cool, but the whole band got split up and oh how the clarinets missed the saxophones! It wasn't fair at all, and the brass is way too stuffy. No fun! Anyway, so the next day we (when i say we, I mean the rest of the band and I) had to get up early to get ready for our first competition in Laurnburg. At morning practice I was really unsure if I would be marching at all, but thankful I sat down during practice and got off of my toe, so I made it though the competition. Well, we sat around at the competition for a long long time watching the rest of the bands in 3A and 4A. They were pretty good, I didn't fall in love with any particular show, but it was an alright competition. Oh yeah, they had these Air Gram things that you could send out to the bands that they would announce before they performs. Meredith and I were going to go spend a buck on one to send to some random band and act like we had some inside joke with them. "Clarinets rule, saxs drool! Get those corndogs, 'cause you know they're betta than that cotton candy!!" It was pretty funny. Just sitting around with everyone in general a lot of fun. I spent a lot of time with Andrew and that was nice. I am so tired now though! So we ended up getting 2nd in marching, music, overall effect, and in 2A! It was cool. This weekend has worn me out! I don't know what I'm going to do with our double header next week with two competitions. Well, have a wonderful week!! Mine turned out okay, even though I thought it would be terrible on Monday! Remember that tomorrow is Monday and once you get that out of the way, it's not going to be Monday for a whole other week!
 
Designed by Lena