Thursday, October 06, 2005

People vs. God

"I, too, sometimes get all wrapped up in doing things for and with people, when God wants me to spend time with Him." ~Heather from Point of Grace
This is me, completly. I get so into spending time with people and talking to them that I often forget how much God wants me to spend time with Him. He did a wonderful job displaying that to me tonight. Normally on a Thursday night I would have gone out to eat or hung out with Andrew, but tonight I didn't. And I didn't have much homework so I got a wonderful opportunity for God to tug on my heart and let me realize how badly I needed a good talk with Him.
"For you were once in darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of the light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord." ~Ephesians 5:8-10
Ask him what pleases him what pleases Him. I need a bit more time with Him..I'm off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is so true fer me. im always out doin stuff with my friends er if not with them then im doin sumtin else, im never home. and i just never spend much time readin The Word but i do pray atleast once a day but its not that good of a prayer cuz its always real short like maybe 5 min. but i am tryin to read more and pray longer and harder. thanx fer putin this on here.

 
Designed by Lena