Saturday, December 04, 2004

The State Championship Game

Well, Cheraw lost to Broome, but those guys played really hard and I know there was a lot of pressure put on them from the town. I thank them for making state though because I sure had an awesome time. I mean how many people actually get to go to a State Championship game during their high school years?
On the way there Beka and I had a long conversation about guys and such. That was interesting. Then Andrew started singing. It was not the greatest thing I'd ever heard. Then, we finally got there to Columbia. We warmed up a little (the band I mean), and then we practiced the National Anthem with the Broome band (who we did beat at state). You know, then we went in a played it for everyone and then climbed up the USC stadium seats. Of course all of us band dorks had a good time. Erica, Malcolm, Alex, Chloe, and I were all dancing, Andrew was yelling at his uncle (he's the coach, by the way), and of course we provided all of the entertainment for the night. Just kidding! Anyway, so during half time we performed movement 4, made this new drill set that said "CHS," and made a tomahawk. It was so great to march again. I absolutely LOVE it! Afterward we got third quarter off in which I caught up with Banks who was looking for Beka, who I had no clue where she was. I don't think he ever found her either. He said that him, Beth, and Brandon were all looking for everyone they knew while we were performing, and I was the easiest to spot. Especially when after we formed the tomahawk and played the war path, we marched to the sideline. Because I was standing next to Willie and Jarret L. I looked even shorter.
When we got in the stands it seemed like everyone was all pumped up again. Later we were beating Broome of a little bit, but a load of the fans got really cocky and we Broome got two more touchdowns and beat us. That stank.
On the was back I sat with Ashley most of the trip and then we stopped at Burger King, and I couldn't eat half of a large fry (that's all I got obviously). Afterwards, I was sort of tired, but I couldn't get very comfortable in the bus seat, so I sat up and talked to Dana, Erica, and Malcolm with their crazy selves. And now I'm here typing this stuff...and about to go to bed because it's been a pretty long day.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena