Monday, May 16, 2005

Defining Moment

You know that feeling when you know you did something wrong and everything just goes downhill from there? Maybe you don't. But for those of you who do understand, well, that's exactly how I feel right now. I dispose it. Especially since I can pinpoint that defining moment of when I messed up and ruined everything! I wish I could take it back because now I feel terrible. No, I haven't done something un-Christian like have sex outside of marriage or stolen anything. I just don't want to talk to anyone about it right now, but I've ruined my summer, or so it seems. I messed up and now I don't know what I could ever do about it. I've lost trust and I honestly don't know if I will ever get it back. Everything's fake now, but I'm dealing with the world...what do I expect?

Whoa-o...I've been banging my head against the wall
Whoa-o...For so long it seems I knocked it down.
Yeah, it got knocked down
Whoa-o...And the heating bill went through the roof
Whoa-o...And the wall I knocked down was the proof
That my landlord needed to kick me out
I got evicted now I'm living on the street
My spirit's lifted...oh wait, that wasn't me
Too many turns have turned out to be wrong
This time I learned that, I knew it all along
When car crashes occur
Then I'll be what you were
When I see what I should
When I see that it's good
To experience the bittersweet
To taste defeat
Then brush my teeth
Experience the bittersweet
To taste defeat
Then brush my teeth
Cause I struggle with forward motion
I struggle with forward motion
We all struggle with forward motion
Cause forward motion is harder than it sounds
Well every time I gain some ground
gotta turn myself around again
Whoa-o...I've been banging my head against the wall
Whoa-o...For so long it seems I got knocked out.
Yeah, I got knocked out cold.
Whoa-o...And the medical bills went through the roof
Whoa-o...and the scar on my head is the proof
That I'll still remember this when I get old
When I grasp the concept
Then I'll sleep where you slept
When I know I need help
When I allow myself
~Relient K

1 comment:

B4him13 said...

Hey Steph,
If you want to talk, please let me know. I'll be happy at least to listen. Life comes fast sometimes, and it's not always easy sorting things out. I've been where, or at least close, to where you are now. I'm here if you need me. Miss you and pray for you.
Love in Him,
Brandon

 
Designed by Lena