Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Mission Trip pictures are finally here!

Well, here's something you kids have been waiting for, or at least I know I've been waiting to put up here. Most of these pictures are just of us kids hanging out on our free nights at the Pier and the beach, but I figured they are just a bit of what my life's like, so here goes.
This masterpiece to the above is Banks, Katlyn, and I at some restaurant at the Pier. This really is the best picture I have us all of us. In the others Banks is rubbing his head because I "slapped" him on the side of it so he would look at Mrs. Sandy who was taking the picture.

Oh my, I know Kyle had a quite delightful time riding with Beka, Jamie, and me to Tampa. ;-D How I miss that crazy kid! I know I drove him up the wall and back again, but by the end of the week I actually got half hearted hugs from the guy. I can't wait for him to come back to visit his cousin, David, next summer.
There's Taylor Fisher, David, and Kyle hanging out on the man made beach in front of the bridge we had to cross every day to get to Wimama. That was a nice evening. Kids running around playing Slice, sitting on the beach, finding shells with holes in them to make necklaces out of, and the little sign language lesson with Tom.
Whoa! Us kids are looking a little rough. But we were hanging out on a beach, so yeah. I don't know who was taking that picture, but they could have waited until I was done running my mouth. ;-D
Here's a picture of Beka and Anna Grace before the wind got to their hair. Getting ready to go hang out was always a great way to bond with some of the younger youth I didn't know that well like Georgia, M Squared, Kate, and all those kids.
There are my boys, Osbawld, Jesus, and Ricky (from left to right). They were three brothers from VBS. Jesus was the only one that was actually in the age group of my class, but his little brothers stayed with him. He was such a great big brother. They were some tough guys too. The only time I ever saw Osbawld cry was the one time we were out playing elbow tag and one of the bigger kids knocked him down. Oh man, they were so fun. I miss them so much. And finally, there's me and little tough stuff the last day we had together on the site. I want to just pick up those children again. Each smile was such a blessing straight from the Lord.
Katlyn might send me a few more pictures of us on the VBS site. I know I only have two picutres of the kids there, but we stayed so busy we didn't really have time to give our attention to the cameras and such. Having them in my memories are so much better than just seeing them in pictures and not knowing the real children.

"...Incomparable, unchangeable
You see the depths of my heart and
You love me the same
You are amazing God"
~Chris Tomlin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ive missed you sooo much! my friends here at church are really tired of me and nicole talking all the time about the Day of Blessings and all the other days. i hope you get your permit soon too, i just am too lazy to go take the test, lol. i hope you guys can come to sumter soon, or we can visit you, i miss all ya'll sooo much! love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey... I'm with Grace on this one. Why in the world did you put that bad picture of me on there. I can't wait to show you some of the funny pictures I got back from Mission Trip!
Beka <><

 
Designed by Lena