Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Quiet time

That was a much needed quiet time, Satan tried to interrupt it so many times, but I just continued to read and hear his voice. The other day when Andrew, Collin, and I were in Florence I picked up this book Donkeys Still Talk: Hearing God's Voice When You're Not Listening. It has given me a new perspective and I suggest it to anyone, even though I'm only on the second chapter. The foreword, introduction, and first chapter hooked me. I learned a lot from those few words from the Lord. "Words matter a lot to God. They give life." ~Virelle Kidder

"Man does not live on bread alone,but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." Matthew 4:4

"How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand
When I awake,
I am still with you." Psalm 139:17-18

"Speak, [Lord,] for you servant is listening." 1 Samuel 3:10

God used an unpestering Donkey to get my attention to read His beautiful word. Thank you Nicole. Thank you God, for tugging gently upon my heart today. I love You!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena