Sunday, October 17, 2004

Camden Competition

Yesterday was pretty great. We had a competition so that was cool. The trip there was pretty cool, except for the one time we had to wait like fifteen or twenty minutes on a train to pass, and then half way through passing having it stop and unload. Then it had to back up. Anyway, it was pretty crazy. A bunch of people went off singing all these rap songs I didn't know, and then Alex made a turban out of my Bubba Gump shirt from mission trip that I had worn during practice. Mark had his portable DVD player, and I just realized I had all his DVDs because he stuck them in my bookbag.
About the competition...we came in second overall, but the band thinks we should have been first. I guess because one of the judges was from Chapin (the band that won first) and the Visual Effect judge said it was "overwritten". OVERWRITTEN! What the crap! Why should we get points taken off because of the way the drill was written. We don't write it, we just perform it. Just because Chapin couldn't handle our high velocity drill doesn't mean we should lose points. Mr. Pruitt said he was an idiot, most of us, on the other hand, said he was a jackass. Anyway, so that was okay, because we all knew that was our best performance EVER!
Anyway, I actually rode the bus back from the competition. That was...interesting. Dana, Malcolm, Meredith, Mark, Samuel, Kevin, Andrew, Laura and I all played truth or dare and "never have I ever.." It was pretty cool. There was some toe licking and arm kissing, it was WEIRD!!! We got in trouble a bunch of times because we started laughing a lot and "cackling". Anyway, I just thought I'd update on my life.
Oh yeah, Leslie didn't end up with a B, she talked to Mrs. Ellerbe about one of her test she graded wrong and it got pulled up to an A!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena