Sunday, October 31, 2004

State

So yeah, yesterday the band went to State competition. That was pretty awesome. We came is 6th which is pretty cool, I'm not going to say anything about any of the other shows because they were pretty good except for the fact that I didn't like some of them. There was some sort of "Clowning Around" show. It scared me because I'm terrified of clowns, although not as much as Katie T. Anyway they got first, but I really think they could of done really really well on another show because they sounded great. Anyway, so we got sixth and I'm happy because we all know we did our best. Mr. Pruitt said we sounded great so that's really cool. When we walked off the field almost all of us were crying. I didn't have any tears to cry; I let mine all out Thursday when my toe was messed up. Katie B. was crying in movement one! It was great though. There are only two things about it that make it terrible. It was our last performance this year and I don't even remember doing it. The second thing that makes it terrible is the fact that state competition is over and after school on Monday after band class I don't go back to the band room to get ready for marching practice.
Mr. Pruitt was really proud of us. At Fuddruckers he made a toast to the class of 2005 and then Dora made a toast to the best band director EVER! On Monday we're having a party and we can bring anything we want which is gonna be pretty cool. I'm just so happy right now. I probably won't be after this week though; without marching and all. I'll still go to the bandroom in the mornings though and hang out with those folks. We're all going to have to get together and hangout. I think at least Andrew, Collin, and I will. We'll got to Cole's for breakfast on Fridays or something.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena