Sunday, October 03, 2004

Competition

This weekend was pretty awesome. First we got to ride charter busses to Mount Pleasant; that was pretty cool. On the way there we watched DCI videos and "The Music Man." Well, the competition was okay. When we came off the field we all knew we could have done a load better. We came out with only an excellent, but we got first in 2A. The judges seemed to be pretty tough. They only gave superiors, and that was to 4A schools with a bunch of props, but they were good or whatever. We got the best drum line award, which was a surprise, but VERY cool. At least for the people that deserved it.
I rode back with my mom and brother. Bek rode with us so that was cool. We probably got back around 1:40 or so this morning...I'm not sure I was asleep.
Today I had a SALT meeting; that was cool. All the band folks were tired, so it was a strangly quiet meeting, but it was cool.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena