Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Mission VBS

My background on my computer makes me smile...

Today was pretty good. I just hung around for the first part and then I went to the Goddard's house and babysat Jacob and Jackson. What curious children!
"What's your name again?" -Jackson
Obviously I don't babysit them too often, but they are still a joy to watch.
Later I went to the mission VBS my church is putting on in Chesterfield. That was fun. The children were fun even though I wish I could have gotten to know them more. There was one boy named Terrell that I got to speak about being a Christian. He seemed clueless about Jesus, but he was so into Mrs. Mullis' story of the crucifixion and resurrection. He was an absolute blessing to my day. After the story all the children had a "quiet time with God." I prayed that the children would accept God's beautiful self. I also pray that I can be a brief influence on Terrell's life and that he will know Jesus and have a personal relationship with Him like I do. How terribly I want this boy to know God! After their time with God Mrs. Mullis gave out copies of the New Testament and I told Terrell that I would highlight Jesus' story for him. He said he would start reading it tonight. I hope this passionate feeling he has won't just last this week, but for his entire life. God teaches me more and more about myself everyday. I adore Him!
I need a new Bible so badly! But the one I have has been with me since January of 2004. I don't want to part with it!! What a change that has been in me since that date!

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." -John 15:12-15

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena