Sunday, June 19, 2005

Washington Pictures!!!

Washington was so fun! I had a great time! Even though Chloe, Kate, and I didn't win anything for National History Day the awards ceremony was pretty fun. Meagan won 3rd place in Senior Individual Exhibit. While Lee and Ben won first place in Junior Group Exhibit. It was so fun celebrating and everything. Joel looked like he had just got out of a swimming pool of sweat. Yeah, I know gross..but it's true. Lee's grandmother was SOOOOO excited about the boys winning! It was great. Oh yeah, and this loser even traded buttons, I had a great time with that!! haha! I had to beat Chloe. Just kidding, it was pretty fun.
As far as the city of Washington D.C. goes...let's just say I would never want to live there. The Metro was awesome fun, but it was so quiet and no one knew anyone so if you talked on the Metro you stood out because you were the only one talking. I resorted to reading, which actually didn't go too bad. I know I worked off some calories this week though! Walking around Washington will really wear you out!!


The Great Washington Monument
Posted by Hello


The Great Washington Monument again...but from the Lincoln Memorial steps.
Posted by Hello


Part of the super fancy World War II Memorial. This was one of my favorites! ;-)
Posted by Hello


Well, I'll never leave those "Northern" roots behind. Had to get a picture of the North Carolina pillar at the WWII Memorial.
Posted by Hello


And how could I forget South Carolina?!
Posted by Hello


The Lincoln Memorial...that thing fits on a penny?!?!?
Posted by Hello


Well, I think that Lincoln Memorial is more like it :-)
Posted by Hello


Lincoln was HUGE!! Posted by Hello


Lions! They were on some art building's entrance. They looked awesomely scary. Posted by Hello


Lion #2 Posted by Hello


The aritecure in Washington is so neat. Posted by Hello


See what I mean? Posted by Hello


more buildings Posted by Hello


This lantern thing was crazy HUGE! Look at the tiny door! I wonder if the thing even lights up.. Posted by Hello


OOO...The White House. Looks like George is gettin' ready for a super fancy gathering. Posted by Hello


My super TIRED feet and my super old New Balances.
Posted by Hello



Pretty..:-) Posted by Hello

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena