Saturday, September 04, 2004

Marching Band!!!

Marching band is great! It currently rules my life, and it's rockin! If you ever have a chance to be in one, do it! It's totally awesome! I had the chance to march when I was in the eighth grade, but I didn't do it. Now I feel really stupid because now I realize how fun it really is! Also if you think you're one of those people who's minds are to simple to do it, don't think that! I was one of those who didn't think she could march, play memorized music, know where I was going, and avoid running into people. It's a little difficult at first, but you catch on. It's totally great! Check out the tribe marching...http://www.cherawbands.org! Oh yeah, I play clarinet. It's the best. The other instruments are pretty cool to...I guess. Just kidding, they're great.
Our show this year is pretty cool, I can't compare it to anything though, so yeah. It's called "Labyrinth". We're chasing the color guard and stuff; it's cool. Oh yeah we get to sing in Latin (be-lu-ia, hehe) so that's kind of neat. In another part of our show we have to sing, but I'm one of the lucky clarinets that gets to play instead. Which is good because my part is REALLY high and I can't sing it.


You Might Be a Band Dork If...

-You walk in step with your friends in the hall, down the street, everywhere...
-You're no longer afraid of spit
-Being called a band dork doesn't offend you
-You call you band director by a weird nickname, or first name; he doesn't mind
-You've lost twenty percent of your hearing from sitting in front of the trumpets (at least clarinets have)
-and blocking them out is really no big deal
-You respond to your other friends confused faces by saying "it's a band thing"
-You find ways to use your instrument in non-band classes
-You've never sat with your class at pep rallies, because you're busy playing stand music with the band
-You go to band camp...and you already graduated...three years ago.
-Your band director gives you push-ups from playing "Iron Man" so often
-You know how to play over ten popular stand tunes, and know the words to none of them
-Reeds don't taste so bad
-You find it amusing to crab walk up and down stairs
-You're still kicking yourself from the time you missed practice and all the flutes were in tune
-You have a hand shake with your band director

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena