Thursday, July 07, 2005

Christian Love

For those people that went rock climbing today, you probably know that I fell asleep on the way back. Now I'm not very tired even though it's after 11.

"If we cut off their tongues and forbid the Christians speech, they love with their hands, with their feet, and with their eyes, they love always and everywhere until their last respiration. Does anybody know how to take out the power of love from these stupid Christians?"
-Romanian prison guard who found both this fulfillment and frustration in torturing Christians

To think, this man is from the country Ryan verged into to do mission work. It seems pretty crazy that it would cross the mind of any citizen with the occupation of a guard.
What about the masses of "Christians"? Do they love with their hands, feet, and eyes? Do they even love with their mouths?

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always preservers. Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

If we love we are Jesus' friends...

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit---fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command "Love each other" John 15:9-17

I am absolutely not saying that I am perfect and I always love with every being of my soul. This was just a study for me. It would have normally been written in my Summer 2005 notebook that Mr. T gave us, but I decided to try something different. I couldn't find one verse I was looking for...that was a little frustrating.
Ahhhh....the power of prayer!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena