Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Yay! I'm home again

Okay, I know all you kids have missed my updates, but here's your long awaited one. Okay, okay, okay, I totally know I could have updated during free time at band camp, but who has that kind of time when you are running to get a couch to watch kids make fools of themselves trying to do flips and such off the diving boards at the pool. Band camp...was crazy, full of drama, but all ended well. We learned new games, that I'm absolutely no good at, so Collin, Jed, and I made a Game Haters club, but we played the games anyway. *BAM BAM, BOOM, BAM* I'm pretty tired. And pretty fried, I've got permanent socks, soffees, and a sleeveless shirt on from tan lines. I love band tans. Band camp is the only time I ever drink gatorade, I hate that stuff. Maybe it's just Mrs. Penegar's gatorade, it's not too bad, or maybe the heat just gets to me. Oh man, today after we got in from practice it was like CrAZy hot, but Andrew had been inside with the pit all day and he was carrying around a blanket! It was so weird.
Preston (sound effects/Alex), David (Mr. Davis/marching kid), Samuel (Mr. Pruitt), Andrew (John Roberts/marching kid), Collin (Jess/Brandon McDougal), Katie (Caroline/Mark), Kate (Meredith), Nancy (Mica/marching kid), Meredith (Brittney Malloy/Katie), Dora (Jennifer/marching kid), Majik (Brittney Hooks/marching kid), and I (Kim) did an absolutly HILARIOUS skit for our pizza social at band camp. It was so fun. I think we enjoyed it so much more than the people watching the thing. It was so funny!
I want to go see a movie soon. I haven't seen one since Andrew and I met Austin and Hailey in Florence, actually, that wasn't that long ago, but the movie we saw had been out for a while. I'd like to see Red Eye some time, they've been showing previews for the thing for like nine months!
I miss Nicole, Alyssa, Erin, Hailey and the rest Andrew's family and everyone else in Sumter. What beautiful people of God they are. So unlike so many others. Andrew's going to Sumter Friday I think, so you Sumter kids, if you read this, keep an eye out of you guys want to hang out.
I talked to Andrew a little while ago, he called and told me about while Alyssa's been gone on her mission trip someone on the trip died because some sort of bus accident. Thank the good Lord Alyssa was on a different bus! Please pray for that person's family, that has got to be so hard to deal with. This whole incident reminded me of that thing that happened to Ryan's busses in Romania with all the girls having to go to the hospital and stuff because of the fumes. Wow, Satan trys so hard to get to Christians, but thankfully so many people are reached through trips like the ones they've been on. I'm still considering one for next summer. I don't know what I am going to do.
For those of you who have read my previous post you know that I've really been wanting a hammock. I get home from camp and guess what my mom shows me! A HAMMOCK! It is so awesome, but right now it's too hot to even think about sitting outside.
No pictures yet, I'm slack and don't have like any from mission trip developed at all because I never finished the rolls of film, actually now that I think about it I did finish one of them...I need to take it to Wal mart.
So yeah, I'm totally not ready for school to be back on. I still need to read that blasted book for Mr. Trusky, which is stupid. And I want some break time, I've had something to do almost every blasted week this summer. It's been fun, but oh how tiring.
I need anger management...sometimes. I need a real quiet time.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena