Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A time of my own to rant in response

Well, this post is going to be mainly in response to Katlyn's post. If you haven't read it be sure to click here first. I was actually not very angry or filled with any particular emotion after I read this, but I did look at several things and realized I have to make a point of trying to let you guys understand my view of Sumter. Move there? I wish I could, but I don't think it would be a great idea. God has me here now for a reason. As far as gaining a spiritual high, honestly no. I can't always find a spiritual high in Cheraw. Something about being in public schools or something always tends to make us break each other down with our words. I always gain a smile when I talk to people from Sumter because they are so encouraging.
Onto the Ryan subject. Personally, I like the Ryan we have now. I mean everyone knows he's changed a bit, but I feel like I can relate to this Ryan so much more than I could before. Not that I didn't like the old Ryan. It would be so much easier if everyone understood everyone else. What's going to happen when all you guys go to Italy? Ryan and I will miss out, neither of us are going. What if I had ended up going to Ambassador Camp instead of Mission Trip? Wouldn't I be just as tired of hearing about any of these things. That's why I started going to First Baptist Church in the first place. I felt left out. I hate you feel that way, but you guys really do mean a lot to me. Would I be the Stephanie you know without you?

And sometimes I think that I’m not any good at all
And sometimes I wonder why, why I’m even here at all
But then you assure me
I’m a little more than useless
And when I think that I can’t do this
You promise me that I’ll get through this
And do something right
Do something right for once
~Relient K

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl,
this comment is for your xanga post. lands i'm so slow!
anyway_whoa! keep reading that book. i started it but never got to finish it cuase i had to give it back to the person that let me use it. but what i read i really liked. it's a great book.
i miss you a million!!
NiCoLe

Anonymous said...

please, come stay with me before school starts. we could have sumteries over and have a party. it would be so fun!
love you girl
NiCoLe

B4him13 said...

Stephanie,
One thing that you need to remember is that you are not going to have an easy time finding God in an ungodly place. High School is not where we should be getting our nourishment as Christians from.....that should be coming from our church and our church friends that are close to you. For the same reason that just watching church on television isn't really going to church(because there is no fellowship), not focusing on your friends that are near and around you is about the same. God knows and is in control of all, and He puts people in your life that we can confide and build our lives with. Don't loose focus of the ones that are around you, because God has placed them there for a reason. Also, I know that it is exciting to talk about the things that happen with your other friends, but don't be so excited that you don't show excitement to be with the ones that you are with all the time.
Stephanie, you are a great woman of God who has a large and warm heart.....make sure that you share it with all your friends. I miss you very much and I continue to pray for you and everyone else. Stay focused on God and the blessings that He provides daily.
With Much Love from your Brother,
Brandon

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Where is the post that you are making reference to? The link didn't work on my computer. I would really like to know what was said, to know where this is coming from. It is good to know that you have these feelings and that someone is making you/ helping you get them out. Love to you!!!
~ A Friend

 
Designed by Lena