Monday, July 18, 2005

sick..

I hate being sick! It makes me want to throw up...even though that's what is going on anyway. I don't know how I got sick, but I sure hope Kyle, Ryan, David, Banks, and Lee don't get sick too. At Busch Gardens we decided it would be cheaper if a few of us bought bottles of water and then passed them around.
Speaking of Busch Gardens, mission trip was quite a trip. I loved working with the children at VBS. Although, their VBS was absolutely nothing like our VBS back home. Lorilynn(our site leader) warned us about it. I wanted to bring home five kids. One night during church devotions I asked Mr. Thomas how many empty spaces we had on the bus and vans. His answer was none just so I would take it too far and try to bring a kid home from VBS. :-) This one little girl, Anna, was so beautiful. She gave me two purple flowers and I pressed them in one of my books. Her and her sister, Alma, were two of the children I wanted to bring home.
When the construction people were coming back from their site, I think it was the first day when, David got overheated and got sick. He stayed in his room with Mr. Steve while the rest of us went out to the pier. He did feel better after his nap though, but I hate he missed it.
When we first got to Busch Gardens Saturday morning. Aly, Taylor Fagian, Ryan, David, Lee, Taylor Fisher, Steven, Mark, Kyle, Banks, and I all went to ride Rhino Rally. We were finally on the ride and we had to make a decision to go right or left. We decided to go left which takes you on a little trip through some water. The car thing is actually on a track and suddenly we had to stop in the middle of the river because the raft ahead of us was stuck. So the rescue people at Busch Gardens had to drain like a million gallons of water and set up a device with stairs to get us out of the boat. I had never experienced anything like this at an amusement park. It was pretty cool though because we got passes to get in the front of any ride line we wanted to, other than a few rides and the newest roller coaster.
Banks, Ryan, and I talked about unmentionables. *bbbup*
And on the way home I got sick twice. Once near Mark, who just happened to be who was sitting beside David earlier that week when he got sick.
Okay, so as far as working at VBS goes, it was pretty awesome. Mr. Steve (or should I just call him "Steve"?) was quite an inspiration to me. When we were first deciding where we would all be working at the beginning of the week he was going to do consruction at first, but then he realized there were not any men chaperons going to the VBS site in Wimama. So he turned out doing VBS with the other people at my site and I honestly think he had a wonderful time. There was this little Hispanic boy named Roman, who really wouldn't listen to anyone else other than Steve. Steve played cards with him and got insanely sweaty the first day when he lead recreation. It was pretty funny at the end of our week all the other workers were still called Mr, Miss, and Teacher, but Steve actually got his name known.
The children were such blessings and I had such a wonderful time with them. I learned a lot from this trip and I'm thinking about going on a Global Expeditions mission trip next summer. I got to talk to Ryan about it on the way home. I really want to talk to Erin about her trip to Peru too.
He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena