Wednesday, November 17, 2004

"A Night in Tunisia" Better Known as "Manteca"

Tonight the band had that live TV performance. Yes, I was on TV. Whatwhat?! Actually I was playing my clarinet and I was on ETV. Who in the world watches ETV anyway!?! Well, I guess most of Cheraw did for an hour. Anyway, the show was about Cheraw and we had some TV special about it because of Dizzy Gillespie. Or maybe just about Cheraw. I don't know.
Anyway, so this is live TV or whatever and before we are about to perform the announcer person said we were going to be playing "A Night in Tunisia." We had already played "A Night in Tunisia" for the opening. So we ended up playing "Manteca" as planned. Well, most of us did. The peanut gallery (drummers) started playing "A Night in Tunisia." Thankfully they were actually looking at Mr. Pruitt who gave them the "What the heck are you idiots doing!" look and they stopped. Of course, we all knew something would probably go wrong, being on live television and all.
Katie was interviewed after we performed and they asked about the song or whatever. She should have been like actually we played "Manteca and you folks messed up." That would have been funny, but I guess sort of mean.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena